Friday, August 22, 2014

Why am I here?!

To answer the question, I have no idea!

If I'm being completely honest, I have to say that I have no clue what I'm doing. I don't know why I thought that starting a blog about healthy living was a good idea. For heaven's sake, I LOVE TACO BELL! Why would someone who voluntarily chooses to put her body through that kind of torture be qualified to have a blog dedicated to healthy living and eating? The truth is, I'm not qualified by any means. I'm not a professional nutritionist. I'm not a personal trainer. So who am I?

I'm a female. I'm a female who struggles on a daily basis between dedicating enough time to fix something healthy vs. grabbing something ridiculously unhealthy that can be cooked in a drive-thru or a microwave in under 2 minutes (which in itself is a scary concept). I'm a female who doesn't have the time or the funds to join a gym and workout 5 days a week. I'm a female that realizes unhealthy living will only effect me more now that I'm going on 30 and will only get worse with age. But more than that, I'm a strong female.

I'm strong in the sense that I'm willing to fight through the urges. I'm strong in knowing that I can be healthy and active without living above my means my spending money on a gym membership that I really can't afford. I'm strong in knowing that there are others out there that are going through the same thing who may need encouraging and being willing to help. I'm strong enough to resist that $1.09 burrito and opt for the $1.09 bell pepper instead. But more than that, I'm strong in realizing that changes don't happen overnight. You can't change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction. Healthy living and eating starts with baby steps. Do what feels right for you.

I hope by maintaining this blog that I will inspire women of all ages and activities (myself included) to focus more on the food and activities that will make you healthy as opposed to those that will inhibit your potential. We are strong. Let's do this, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment